Year of the Dog
Hello fellow dog lovers! How much do you love your dog? Did you know that this is the Year of the Dog? So why don’t you go ahead and treat your dog and yourself in a special way, at least this once? Find a way to celebrate this special year. After all, it comes only once in 12 years?
Did you know that the dog is one of the twelve signs of the Chinese zodiac? The Chinese cycle through the twelve signs and designate one for a year every 12 years. Examples of Years of the Dog include 1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, 2018, 2030, and 2042. The Year of the Dog goes together with earthly elements such as water, wood, gold, earth, and fire. Thus, 2018 is the Earth Dog Year.
The current Year of the Dog runs from February 16, 2018, to February 4, 2019. Since it is also the Earth Dog Year, every baby born within this period will not just have a dog sign but also the earth sign. The last time this happened was in 1958, 60 years ago. That should mean something for dog lovers.
Luck that it brings to people
For people born in an Earth Dog Year, the following are some of the things that indicate luck:
- Lucky colors include purple, green, gold, and red.
- Lucky days include the 7th and 28th of each of the Chinese lunar months.
- Luck numbers include 3, 4, 9 and numbers made by a combination of them (say 39 and 49)
- Lucky flowers include cymbidium orchids and rose flower.
- Lucky months include the 6th, 10th, and 12th months of the Chinese lunar calendar.
- Lucky directions include south, east, and northeast.
However, there are a number of unlucky things that tend to follow people born during the Year of the Dog. They include the following:
- Unlucky colors include white and blue.
- Unlucky numbers include 1, 6, and 7.
- The unlucky direction is the southeast.
- Unlucky months include the 5th and eight months of the Chinese Lunar Calendar.
If you are born in the Year of the Dog, you will share some of the friendly animal’s traits. You will, therefore, be loyal, honest, helpful to others, and easy-going. You have no affinity for seeking power and money but are more inclined towards bettering the world.
But that doesn’t mean that you don’t have some negative traits. So if you find an Earth Dog person being stubborn, critical, and sometimes cold, don’t be surprised. Dogs also tend to have difficulties communicating and may seem a little bit pessimistic. They can, however, have a positive outlook with a quiet and good life.
To ward off bad luck, people tend to do some of the following.
- Wearing red. In Chinese mythology, red is thought to be one of the luckiest colors. It is associated with loyalty, prosperity, happiness, and success.
- Wearing jade accessories. During your zodiac year, you can ward off bad luck by wearing rose gold jewelry like rings, earrings, bracelets, and pendants.
Have a wonderful day ahead fellow pet and rose gold lovers!